Only three games between top 25 teams this week and one game between a top 25 team and a non-Division I opponent. Outside of the non-D-I there's only two out of conference games with top 25 teams. Rankings based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI).
1. Georgia Southern won 50-20 vs. #16 Furman
2. Wofford won 47-14 vs. Virginia-Wise (Non-D-I)
3. Northern Iowa won 31-14 @ #54 South Dakota State
4. North Dakota State won 51-21 vs. #83 Missouri State
5. Montana State
Updated 10-15-2011 at 09:53 AM by rwallace
Based on the 10/3/2011 GPI
1. Georgia Southern won 28-27 vs. #18 Chattanooga
2. Northern Iowa won 23-9 vs. #12 Indiana State
3. Wofford won 43-14 at The Citadel
4. North Dakota State won 9-3 at #25 Southern Illinois
5. Montana State won 38-36 at Portland State
6. James Madison lost 25-24 in overtime vs. #9 Maine
7. New Hampshire won 47-17 vs. Villanova
8. Sam Houston State won 45-10 at Stephen F. Austin
Watching a scoreboard on one oh one one one and my eyes were on the ones in bold (home team in caps)... all final scores.
ALABAMA A&M 28, Ark-Pine Bluff 27
ALABAMA STATE 31, Alcorn State 23
AUSTIN PEAY 37, Tennessee St 34
Albany 41, ST FRANCIS-PA 20
BROWN 35, Rhode Island 21
BUCKNELL 35, Georgetown 18
Butler 29, DAYTON 27
CENTRAL ARKANSAS 38, Stephen F Austin 28
COLGATE 38, Fordham 14
CORNELL 31, Wagner 7
Updated 10-01-2011 at 11:26 PM by rwallace
(Day is done!)
At the Georgia Dome. Like a CAA game. Getting ready to kickoff. ODU in white and Georgia State (I'll call them GSU for brevity) in their blue.
I have often said how little a fan I am of these non-FCS matchups we endure every year. Yes FBS teams pay well and we pay good enough to non-Division I teams, but there are things I don't understand.
Probably the biggest aspect is how many FCS fans are deep-down FBS wannabes. They LOVE when their FCS team plays at an FBS school. I have a feeling they think to themselves (and some belligerently out loud) that this is "real" college football. Same type of mentality