Entries with no category
With six of the ten automatic qualifying bids to the Division I football championships finalized (the Mid-Eastern, Patriot, Southern and Southland have been clinched and the Big Sky and Big South have winner take all games this weekend as detailed in part 1) there are still the remaining four to examine. In three of the cases it comes down to two teams, and then there is the OVC.
The AQ goes to Towson if they win this week or if they and Maine lose. If Towson loses
A few years ago I hosted an Internet radio show for CSN called "I-AA Waves." On it I created a feature called "8 Conferences, 8 Autobids" in which a guest and I would talk about the chances of teams getting a league's AQ each week. The guest would make the prediction since I don't really go for that kind of stuff.
Now it is "10 Conferences, 10 Autobids" but I'll switch it around and give what the conferences say with a little gleaned from the CSN staff
Five games between top 25 teams this week and one top 25 team is idle. Notable is #1 vs. #6 and #2 vs. #3. Rankings based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI).
1. Ga Southern (1.00) lost 24-17 @ #6 Appalachian St (6.57)
2. N Dakota St (2.43) won 27-19 vs. #3 Northern Iowa (3.00)
3. Northern Iowa (3.00) lost 27-19 @ #2 N Dakota St (2.43)
4. Sam Houston St (5.29) won 66-0 vs. #96 Lamar (75.29)
5. Wofford (5.86) won 48-28 vs. #46 Elon (41.00)
6. Appalachian St
Updated 10-29-2011 at 06:19 PM by rwallace
Only three games between top 25 teams this week and one game between a top 25 team and a non-Division I opponent. Outside of the non-D-I there's only two out of conference games with top 25 teams. Rankings based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI).
1. Georgia Southern won 50-20 vs. #16 Furman
2. Wofford won 47-14 vs. Virginia-Wise (Non-D-I)
3. Northern Iowa won 31-14 @ #54 South Dakota State
4. North Dakota State won 51-21 vs. #83 Missouri State
5. Montana State
Updated 10-15-2011 at 09:53 AM by rwallace
Based on the 10/3/2011 GPI
1. Georgia Southern won 28-27 vs. #18 Chattanooga
2. Northern Iowa won 23-9 vs. #12 Indiana State
3. Wofford won 43-14 at The Citadel
4. North Dakota State won 9-3 at #25 Southern Illinois
5. Montana State won 38-36 at Portland State
6. James Madison lost 25-24 in overtime vs. #9 Maine
7. New Hampshire won 47-17 vs. Villanova
8. Sam Houston State won 45-10 at Stephen F. Austin