Only three games between top 25 teams this week and one game between a top 25 team and a non-Division I opponent. Outside of the non-D-I there's only two out of conference games with top 25 teams. Rankings based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI).
1. Georgia Southern won 50-20 vs. #16 Furman
2. Wofford won 47-14 vs. Virginia-Wise (Non-D-I)
3. Northern Iowa won 31-14 @ #54 South Dakota State
4. North Dakota State won 51-21 vs. #83 Missouri State
5. Montana State
Updated 10-15-2011 at 09:53 AM by rwallace
Here are my projections this week for the 20 FCS playoff participants. One team that was ranked in the bottom in Appalachian State I think will out bid anyone and get a home game in the second round.
Like the prior list last week, I tried to pair with geography in mind but there are a few schools that really have no one close. I know that the second round can have some conference teams play each other but I choose to try to avoid these.
10/10/2011 GPI Top 25
Updated 10-12-2011 at 06:31 AM by Kent
Based on the 10/3/2011 GPI
1. Georgia Southern won 28-27 vs. #18 Chattanooga
2. Northern Iowa won 23-9 vs. #12 Indiana State
3. Wofford won 43-14 at The Citadel
4. North Dakota State won 9-3 at #25 Southern Illinois
5. Montana State won 38-36 at Portland State
6. James Madison lost 25-24 in overtime vs. #9 Maine
7. New Hampshire won 47-17 vs. Villanova
8. Sam Houston State won 45-10 at Stephen F. Austin
There's a three quarter moon hanging over Delaware Stadium as we get ready for the latest meeting between two great CAA rivals, Delaware and William & Mary. The series started in 1915 but Jimmye Laycock has been around for every one of the Tribe's victories in the matchup. The Tribe will look for their fourth straight tonight but they'll have to do it without starting QB Mike Graham who's out with an illness.
It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday as Billy Joel would say. Tribe
CEDAR FALLS, IA--I am in Panther country today for the game between the Sycamores (4-1, 2-0 MVFC) and Panthers (3-1, 2-0 MVFC). It is homecoming here in Cedar Falls and are expecting a near sell-out in the UNI-Dome.
Both teams are ranked and this should be a good contest. Indiana State has not between Northern Iowa since 2002 but this year's team likely is the best since that season for Coach Trent Miles.
Coach Mark Farley's Panthers are a point away from being