Sorry for my delay this week in getting out the projections. NDSU still holds the top spot but we did see some shifting of teams. Here are the playoff teams for this week per the Gridiron Power Index (GPI). Playoff teams are in bold.
1. N Dakota St (7) (1.57) MVFC
2. Ga Southern (3.71) SoCon
3. E Washington (2) (4.00) Big Sky
4. Cal Poly (4.86) At-Large #1
5. Sam Houston St (6.71) Southland
6. Montana St (7.71) At-Large #2
Updated 10-27-2012 at 02:14 PM by Kent
A nice two day weekend in FCS as we get to crunch time.
10/22/2012 GPI Top 25
1. North Dakota State hosted and won 23-17 vs (19) Southern Illinois
2. Georgia Southern won 39-31 at (27) Chattanooga in three overtimes
3. Eastern Washington lost 30-27 at (41) Southern Utah
4. Cal Poly lost 35-29 at (39) Sacramento State
5. Sam Houston State won 56-10 at (80) Lamar
6. Montana State won 55-10 at (31) North Dakota
7. Northern Arizona
When it's the best conference (Missouri Valley Football Conference) so far in 2012 you can expect most games to be contested even if your opponent is unranked. #6 South Dakota State found that out this week in the MVFC getting pasted 27-6 at Northern Iowa. #9 Illinois State and #15 Youngstown State faced similar fates losing to Missouri State and Southern Illinois respectively.
Falling to Colonial Athletic Association foes were #10 James Madison to Richmond and #18 Old Dominion
Updated 10-21-2012 at 12:19 AM by rwallace
With all the upsets last week within the top 10 teams, we have some movement of the GPI but not as much as I would have thought. North Dakota State still holds the top spot despite the lose at home to Indiana State.
Listed below are the projections based on GPI for the playoffs. I have also shown what I believe will be the matchups based on this 20 team field for this week (listed in bold).
1. N Dakota St (4) (2.14) MVFC
2. E Washington (2) (3.43) Big Sky
With the Gridiron Power Index (GPI) released this week, I will project the playoff field based this week on who should be the 20 playoff teams. I have also projected what the first and second round games will be.
Based on the GPI, the following would be the 20 teams (listed in bold):
1. N Dakota St (1.00) MVFC
2. Montana St (5.00) BSC
3. E Washington (5.43) At-Large #1
4. Old Dominion (6.00) CAA
5. Cal Poly (6.57) At-Large #2