Only two games between top 25 teams this week and one game between a top 25 team and an FBS opponent. Two top 25 teams are idle. Outside of the FBS there's only two out of conference games with a top 25 team. Rankings based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI).
10/17/2011 GPI Top 25
1. Georgia Southern won 48-14 vs. #80 Presbyterian
2. Wofford lost 26-21 @ #22 Furman
3. Northern Iowa won 17-10 vs. #57 Southern Illinois
4. North Dakota State won 38-14 @ #48
Updated 10-22-2011 at 12:31 PM by rwallace
Week 7 Review and Week 8 Preview:
Dr. J. Kenyatta Cavil with Herman Shelton
Dr. Cavil: What were the significant game for the SWAC Eastern Division in Week 7?
Herman: The race for the title in the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) has become a two team race, the consensus No. 1 Alabama State Hornets (6-0, 6-1) in the Eastern Division and previously ranked No. 5, now No. 7 Prairie View A & M Panthers 4-3, 4-2) in the Western Division.
Here is my take on the playoffs as of the latest GPI.
10/17/2011 GPI Top 25
1. Ga Southern (1.14) SoCon #1
2. Wofford (2.86) At-Large #1 #2
3. Northern Iowa (3.14) MVFC #3
4. N Dakota St (4.00) At-Large #2 #4
5. Montana St (4.86) Big Sky #5
6. Sam Houston St (6.00) Southland Home-2nd
7. Maine (8.29) CAA Home-2nd
8. Appalachian St (9.14) At-Large #3 Home-2nd
Only three games between top 25 teams this week and one game between a top 25 team and a non-Division I opponent. Outside of the non-D-I there's only two out of conference games with top 25 teams. Rankings based on the Gridiron Power Index (GPI).
1. Georgia Southern won 50-20 vs. #16 Furman
2. Wofford won 47-14 vs. Virginia-Wise (Non-D-I)
3. Northern Iowa won 31-14 @ #54 South Dakota State
4. North Dakota State won 51-21 vs. #83 Missouri State
5. Montana State
Updated 10-15-2011 at 08:53 AM by rwallace
Here are my projections this week for the 20 FCS playoff participants. One team that was ranked in the bottom in Appalachian State I think will out bid anyone and get a home game in the second round.
Like the prior list last week, I tried to pair with geography in mind but there are a few schools that really have no one close. I know that the second round can have some conference teams play each other but I choose to try to avoid these.
10/10/2011 GPI Top 25
Updated 10-12-2011 at 05:31 AM by Kent