With all the upsets last week within the top 10 teams, we have some movement of the GPI but not as much as I would have thought. North Dakota State still holds the top spot despite the lose at home to Indiana State.
Listed below are the projections based on GPI for the playoffs. I have also shown what I believe will be the matchups based on this 20 team field for this week (listed in bold).
1. N Dakota St (4) (2.14) MVFC
2. E Washington (2) (3.43) Big Sky
With the Gridiron Power Index (GPI) released this week, I will project the playoff field based this week on who should be the 20 playoff teams. I have also projected what the first and second round games will be.
Based on the GPI, the following would be the 20 teams (listed in bold):
1. N Dakota St (1.00) MVFC
2. Montana St (5.00) BSC
3. E Washington (5.43) At-Large #1
4. Old Dominion (6.00) CAA
5. Cal Poly (6.57) At-Large #2
Here are my latest projections based on the GPI. The field is starting to be filled but there will likely still be some shuffling of the seeds and the last teams in in the last two weeks.
11/07/2011 GPI Top 25
Rank, School, Rating, Change
1. N Dakota St (1.00) -0 MVFC #1
2T. Northern Iowa (3.29) -0 At-Large #1 #2
2T. Sam Houston St (3.29) -0 SLC #3
4T. Ga Southern (4.00) -1 SoCon #4
4T. Montana St (4.00) +1 Big Sky #5
Here is my take on the playoffs as of the latest GPI.
10/17/2011 GPI Top 25
1. Ga Southern (1.14) SoCon #1
2. Wofford (2.86) At-Large #1 #2
3. Northern Iowa (3.14) MVFC #3
4. N Dakota St (4.00) At-Large #2 #4
5. Montana St (4.86) Big Sky #5
6. Sam Houston St (6.00) Southland Home-2nd
7. Maine (8.29) CAA Home-2nd
8. Appalachian St (9.14) At-Large #3 Home-2nd
Here are my projections this week for the 20 FCS playoff participants. One team that was ranked in the bottom in Appalachian State I think will out bid anyone and get a home game in the second round.
Like the prior list last week, I tried to pair with geography in mind but there are a few schools that really have no one close. I know that the second round can have some conference teams play each other but I choose to try to avoid these.
10/10/2011 GPI Top 25
Updated 10-12-2011 at 05:31 AM by Kent